Saturday 28 August 2010

England to Barbados



Well it has taken seven months to see some hope of selling the family home in the UK due to the current downturn in the market, but I can finally begin to see a way where we can achieve our goal of living in Barbados. We are sold 'Subject to Contract', however I may be writing an update of how it fell through later! That being said I am actually ever hopeful that this new adventure turns out well. Being a Mum, I often question if it is right that we embark on uprooting our five year old daughter from the life she knows here in England and planting her into a foreign environment. It is often said that children are adaptable and that it is us adults that take change difficult to come to terms with, so it may be that this blog will serve as my therapy. I suppose I feel guilty that we are imposing our dream on our young daughter who has no choice but to follow. Still we firmly believe she will have a better quality of life there. Anyway, I hope to write about our journey to a new life on the other side of the pond, so to speak. Let's see what happens......